Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New-York-Wannabe Toronto



I've chosen to spend the finale few days of my trip in Toronto (partly because I spent only one memorable night in Toronto about a month ago and ever since I kept in mind that I should come back). 
Toronto is probably the most important city in Canada - you can tell from the moment you enter it. Also, it's very hard to miss how much the city looks towards New York for urban inspiration. The Toronto subway is very New-York-like and the Dundas Square is a miniature Times Square. Be that as it may, the city is still vibrant and distinct in its own way. The automatic toilet cube, for instance, which stands on one of the sidewalks opens its doors for you when you insert your 25 cents letting you in for the best wee of your life (with commentary and relaxing music in the background)! And, the St. Lawrence market in the old area is probably the best market I've been to in North America.





As you can see, there's a lot of starchitecture here as well such as buildings by Calatrava, Lipskind and West 8.







No comments:

Post a Comment